Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Found Faith

Things lately with the way I lead my life have changed so much. My best friend has had one of a mother worst fears happen to her. She lost her lil girl and for that I have had my own blessing. Sometimes there is that guilt there for me finding blessing is such a horrible thing! When I think about it I have to tell myself that things happen for many reasons and one thing that happened from us loosing sweet little Angel Ari is that I have a new found faith is the Lord. I have felt him start working in me and my life. I found a church here in Omaha and am going to start taking my son to there Sunday school and start classes there myself. I have ordered my bible and have also started ready bible stories to my son before I put him to bed at night. With the stories we also say a lil prayer before I kiss him goodnight. The first time we said a prayer together it was very simple and for a 5 year old but after I shut his door I just felt this incredibly big smile come over my face and heart! I know that I am doing to right thing for me and my son, bring both of us to start a relationship with God. I also asked my husband the other night what his thoughts were about religion. I know sometimes it can be a touchy subject but I just sat back and listened to what he had to say. Of course if you know my husband at all he had to start off with make a joke that of course he believes in God cause he is God...haha, but then he become serious and he told me he does believe in God but doesn't think that you have to go to church to believe in him. He has the impression that church is boring and that is what had turned him off from it for so long. With that I asked him if he would be willing to give this church a try and see what he thinks. I am so blessed to have a husband that will give it a try and that right now is all I ask. I am going to a Nazarene church and to be it is so not boring. The music is moving and the Pastor has a since or humor but is also series about the word of God. So I hope this weekend we can all go to church as a family and hope this is something that we can share together.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Life is a series of moment God weaves together. I am so proud of you for taking the step and having the courage to ask your husband to attend with you. That is all you can do. And just as alway, keep the faith.